This product is suitable for: Car drivers
This essential reference guide is recognised as the industry standard driving manual, packed full of driving advice for learners, experienced motorists, professional drivers and instructors alike. This comprehensive guide provides all motorists with everything they need to know to help them learn and maintain safe driving skills and stay safe on the road for life.
This new edition has been updated to include details on independent driving, additional information on emergency diversions and travelling through road works, and advice on overtaking slow-moving vehicles, plus other key revisions.
The Official DSA Guide to Driving - The Essential Skills, together with The Official Highway Code and Know Your Traffic Signs, provides the source material for learner car drivers and driving instructor theory tests, being referenced throughout the latest official DSA theory test titles for car drivers.
• Essential driving techniques, including maneuvering and defensive driving
• Driving on motorways, driving at dusk, at night and in all-weather conditions including fog, snow and ice
• Information about traveling through road works, including what to do if you break down
• Advice on overtaking slow-moving vehicles
• An explanation of emergency diversion routes
• Details about the independent driving part of the practical test
• What to do in an accident or emergency
• Ecosafe driving and the environment
• Vehicle maintenance and security
• Towing a trailer
• European driving
• Also includes a chapter devoted to taxi drivers.